Searching for the Best Christmas Present?
Are you scrambling for that last gift or two for a loved one? Overwhelmed with events? Stressed over upcoming family gatherings? The best Christmas present you can give yourself and others is a sound mind and peace that only comes from Jesus.
In a season of hustle and bustle in preparing for Christmas with all its shopping and parties, the most important focus can get buried. Jesus is the reason for the season – His birth, death and resurrection which makes it possible for us to live an abundant life in Him. It can be easy to miss the most important elements while swamped with the things we think have to be done.
Strategies for a Peace-filled Christmas
While you can’t control others, you are in charge of you. This means that you don’t have to endure a stress-filled Christmas, unless, of course, you want to! Here’s some tips to a meaningful season.
- We can’t give what we don’t have. Take time to spend with God, meditating on His Word and soaking in His love.
- Pick and choose. You don’t have to do everything to please everyone. Ask the Lord to show you what to say yes to and what to say no to.
- Live in the moment. Enjoying the present is the best “present” you can give yourself and your family.
- Look for creative ways to simplify and focus so that each interaction with family and friends is meaningful and mutually a blessing.
- Focus more on your to-be list instead of your to-do list! Be the peaceful presence God has called you to be!
As you take these steps, you will find yourself more relaxed and engaged in what the true meaning of Christmas is about. Don’t let the enemy rip you off. Slow down and prioritize time with Jesus so you can give the best Christmas present – the peace-filled presence of Christ living in you!