Did you know that up to 90% of disease today is related to chronic stress? That’s a staggering statistic! So we are literally making ourselves sick because of our response to pressure. The good news is that meditation significantly reduce that stress response, meaning less trips to the doctor!
God designed our bodies to react to an emergency by flooding our system with hormones and chemicals that help us to act quickly. As a result, nearly every organ of the body is impacted. This can be beneficial in the short term as we are able to act quickly and respond in the moment. The body goes back to normal when the immediate crisis is over. However, today many of us live in a constant state of stress in our busy and hectic lives. This means that the constant stream of hormones and chemicals is negatively impacting our bodies, and ultimately leading to a variety of illnesses, including high blood pressure, heartburn, headache and much more. Furthermore, stress increases the risk of heart attack, stroke, and even cancer.
When you meditate 8-10 minutes a day, it can:
- significantly lower the stress response
- bring a sense of well-being and wholeness
- reduces anxiety
- lower blood pressure
- help reduce risk of heart attack
- contribute to weight loss!
- Increase serotonin
- And much more…
As you can see, the benefits to meditation are endless! Most of all, meditation draws you closer to God. Nothing is better than that, so let’s get started today!
Read Complete Post...
Meditation works! Taking the time to focus on God, His Word and promises to you not only blesses you spiritually, but impacts your body and soul as well. I have found when I meditate regularly, I sleep better, handle stress more effectively and enjoy life more. The rewards, in every area of our lives, are worth it!
However, the temptation is to focus on what seems urgent before us. We can reason that skipping one day won’t hurt. But it often turns into two or three or four. Then we get out of the habit and it can be hard to return. Anthony Robbins says, “It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives. It’s what we do consistently.”
Taking the steps to develop consistency brings great rewards, both short-term and long-term.
Here are a few:
- More restful sleep
- A clear, focused mind
- Resilience against negative stress
- Sharper memory
- Greater efficiency
- Increased immunity
- Improved relationships
I don’t know about you, but those are compelling reasons for me to be consistent with meditations! Your long-term health and well-being may depend on it! Take some time to establish meditating as a discipline by putting it on your calendar and sticking to it! Let’s get started! www.MeditateonMe.com
Read Complete Post...
We all know we need to be consistent and develop good habits, but incorporating them into our everyday life is another matter. We value health, fitness, time with God, etc. However, the key to a transformed life is taking those things that we value and prioritizing and owning them. This is the process of transformation!
Meditation is a powerful discipline, but only if you practice it. We’ve tried to make it easier for you by our guided format that encourages you step by step. Now your part is to set aside the time. Again, easier said than done! Here’s some ideas that will help you with consistency:
- Set an alarm. Use your mobile device to alert you to a certain time each day to meditate. Because of our busy lives it can be easy to skip important things for what seems urgent. Resist the urge!
- Combine it with a routine you already practice. What habits do you do consistently that you can add your meditation time to? This will help you become more consistent. I don’t start my regular daily activities until I’ve gone for my morning prayer walk and done my meditation. My morning routine is simple: Shower, eat, brush teeth, take vitamins, walk, meditate. Keeping that routine helps start my day refreshed and calm.
- Get accountability. Find a friend who also wants to learn to meditate. Track your meditation and keep one another accountable. Engage in some friendly competition. You both win!
- Finally, (and most importantly) ask God for strength. He promises that meditating on His Word will unlock blessings in your life. He can also give you the strength and willpower to do it!
Start today making meditating on God’s Word a regular habit! Go to: www.MeditateOnMe.com
Read Complete Post...